Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 In Review

I have had a great year. When I look back over the past year I am overwhelmed at how blessed I have been. I have seen and done so many things. Here are the highlights:

1. I took a road trip to Georgia with my best friend Mary. We've been saying for as long as I've known her that one day we would take a road trip. We finally did and it was awesome...
(Mary and I in St. Simons Island, GA)

2. I fell in love with baking. I know, this isn't that big of a deal, definitely not highlight worthy... but I would say this is one of my main hobbies and maybe someday it will even become my career, so it's pretty exciting.
(Oh, cupcakes...)

3. I was a summer intern at my church at home and I loved the job. I was challenged to do things that I never thought I could do.
(My main intern task: co-managing a fireworks stand!)

4. I went on a vacation with my family and saw tons of amazing things: Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Sedona... It was incredible!
(Bellagio Fountains: my favorite sight of our vacation!)

5. I went on another vacation with my friend Sarah to visit another friend Valeria in New York. I have never been to New York... I loved it! I can't wait to go back!
(Central Park... I love New York.)

6. I lived with the Haslags. I know I've mentioned this recently... but I loved living with them. It shaped my senior year and my life as a whole.
(The Haslags. My parents away from home.)

7. I graduated from college! Holy cow...
(I feel like of all my smiles during
graduation, this one was the most genuine.)

I know I'm missing tons of other great things that happened in 2009 but those are the things that I thought of off the top of my head. It's crazy to think of all the unknown on 2010. Only God knows what is in store for me this next year. Maybe I'll find a job, move out on my own, meet a guy (not getting my hopes up...) I'm terrified and excited all at the same time...

Happy New Year!

No comments: