Saturday, January 16, 2010

The best sport, in my opinion...

Sports, no matter what kind, are on our new, beautiful plasma screen television about 90% of the time. Sometimes I hijack the remote and switch it to the Food Network or Bravo.... but 9 out of 10 times that I walk in the living room, there are multiple men hurling themselves down a field or court with some kind of ball on our TV screen. I really enjoy sports, but I don't love watching them on TV all the time.

Today I found myself laying on the couch actually watching a basketball game. I love to watch KU basketball... but I even have a hard time sitting down to watch them. Anyway, today, for some reason, it was fun watching basketball. I played basketball for years and I love the sport. I get basketball. I know all of the rules and I know what makes a player good. It actually made me miss playing. I tried to brainstorm some kind of realistic scenario where I would be able to play again on a regular basis, and unless there are a bunch of out of shape, 20-something year-old girls who are just waiting for me to join their pickup game... it's probably not going to happen.

Anyway, today I reappreciated basketball. My reappreciation (yep, I just used two forms of a word that's not even a word) was furthered when I went to the blog of a photographer that I really like named Kevin J. Miyazaki and saw the picture above. I love basketball. I want to play it again. And I want to play it on an old, colorful court that looks like that.

1 comment:

Ladell said...

You always had such a soft touch at the free throw line. I bet you could still do it in a game of pickup with 20 somethings!