Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A glimpse of college in real life...

Today was a great day... I think it was great because it reminded me of some of the things I love and miss most about Columbia and college life.

1. I went to a coffee shop! I hadn't realized how much I miss coffee shops:
the atmosphere, the artsy people, the coffee... I went with my friend Corrie to try out a new place called The Filling Station recommended by my brother Joel. The only thing close to a coffee shop in Liberty is Starbucks. I've been craving a quality place and we ventured downtown and found one.

2. I went to a fun, non-chain place to eat lunch! Corrie suggested that we go to a place called Mildred's that is downtown. It was also a coffee shop but had some delicious food. I had an incredible roasted red pepper hummus sandwich on rye. (I sound so artsy/vegan-ish, don't I? I'm not. I just love hummus.)

3. I went with a friend! Like I mentioned already, I went with my friend Corrie and it was just really fun to talk and laugh with her. I'm definitely thankful for the friends I have in Kansas City (all two of you... ha.) But I'm definitely missing my friends from Columbia.

Anyway.... all of this to say: today was a quality day. I want to have more days like this. Exploring Kansas City. Eating good food (although not TOO much good food... I have a diet to maintain.) Getting with friends. I loved it all...

2 comments:

colleen marie. said...

ohh this sounds fantastic! i want to visit you soon and we can explore more!

David Allen said...

Rob took me to Mildred's a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!! I love those little hidden finds!