Sunday, January 24, 2010

Once.

Once. I love this movie. It's not really my kind of movie actually... but for some reason I love it. It's about a guy and girl who meet in Dublin. They are both musicians and their music kind of brings them together as friends. If I gave away any more it would ruin the plot.

The movie is shot really informally. I heard it only took them a few weeks to film. The actors don't have these crazy deep lines or anything (but they do love to use the f-word). The plot is even kind of slow. But the music... is incredible. And the friendship that unfolds within makes the movie. (The guy and girl that play the main characters make up the band The Swell Season. I saw them in concert a few months ago. Amazing....)

I don't really have anything profound to say except for that this movie inspires the musician and the artist in me. I really liked it a lot.

No comments: