Monday, September 10, 2012

How I Decorate a Room: Part 2.

I've been hard at work decorating my room. This week I started working on some art on my own (more to come on that when they're finished) but after looking at what I created, I felt like it was lacking something.

1. Because I'm an amateur artist and the stuff that I create isn't that great.
2. Because I have a tendency to paint/decorate in the color scheme that I have decided on, and that color scheme only, and before I know it, my room is way too matchy matchy.

So, I decided I should branch out. You know, let other artists take a crack at my walls. So where did I go? Etsy. I love Etsy. You can find cheap art. And you can help out the starving artists of the world. (Clearly, I'm not helping out those starving artists THAT much because I only buy the cheap stuff.) Here's what I found...

The Great Wave Off Kanagawa
Paper Gangster Prints. What a name for your Esty shop, huh? Basically, they print cool pictures on vintagey looking paper. I bought 5 prints for $14.50 (including S/H). Cheap art, I'd say. (And I even got a few to give to other people!)

White Vintage Summer Dress with Flowers Watercolor
JoJo La Rue's Watercolor Art. This print is a bit more girly than I normally go for, but I like how classic and feminine it is. It was only $18 (including S/H) for an 8x10 print.

City Skyline.
Print Party. This print is pretty random, but I like it. The dimensions are 5.5x11, so I think it'll be fun to have a different shaped piece in the room. This is my splurge for art... it was $22 (including S/H).

Alright, besides some knobs, some paint for my furniture, and maybe a coat hanger/rack thing... I think I'm done spending money on my room. Let's hope I can stick to that, because my bank account is going to resent me if I don't.

1 comment:

Valeria said...

Those are all so cute! I have a vintage page artwork too (not by that cool-named shop though). I'm itching to buy more art now and can't wait to have new space to decorate too!