Friday, September 21, 2012

Try-It Tuesday (a little late): Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars.


I haven't had a Try-It Tuesday recipe in a while. It's because I'm cooking for only myself these days and have been more concentrated on making meals that I have the ingredients for and know how to do, than trying something new. Now I can see things from my mom's point of view a little more when she says that cooking is more functional than hobby-al. (Yep, hobby-al is a word.) I haven't tried new cooking recipes, but you better believe I'm still baking... Let me tell you about it.

Things at work have been a bit of a downer lately. Morale is low, and I keep on waiting for our management to do something encouraging to help morale (because normally they're really good at that) but they haven't. So... I took it upon myself to encourage my team with the best method that I know how... baking. I made these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites for them a couple of months ago and they were a hit. So I made those again. (Last time it took me forever to put the dough in between the cookies, freeze them, dip them with chocolate, sprinkle them with sprinkles. The trick to speed up the process... two words: piping bags. If you ever decide to make these, and want to make them quickly, ask me about it.)

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

 Their picture

My picture

I also made this recipe for Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars. I had mentioned this recipe when I was gearing up to bake with pumpkin. And y'all... this stuff is good. I can already hear you saying, "But I don't really like gingerbread..." Believe me. You'll like this recipe even if you don't like gingerbread. I made a huge pan for work and it was gone by the end of the day. If you're looking for a new, perfectly fall, pumpkin bar recipe... look no further. This is the one.

Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars

Happy baking!

2 comments:

Valeria said...

I need to not look at your blog when I'm craving sweets;) I think your pretzels are cuter than the originals by the way!

LadellThomason said...

Gimme sum!! Looks yummy!