Thursday, October 18, 2012

Try-It Soupday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup.


Hello there! I tried a new soup last night, and y'all... it was good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I really like the website Skinnytaste. That's where I found this recipe. She has delicious recipes and they are healthy! I love that the flavor of her recipes doesn't suffer because they are healthier. So great... Anyway. I love chicken pot pie. I love soup. So when I saw this soup that combined the two, I was excited.A few things about this recipe:

-I made 3/4 of the recipe, yes, 3/4. I was going to cut it in half, because I didn't want to have to eat the leftovers for 2 weeks, but I decided that wouldn't be enough. So I made 3/4. Now, I'm wishing I would have made the whole pot because: 1. It didn't make as much as I thought it would. 2. It was delicious and I just want more of it.

-It called for mushrooms, but I hate (yes, I used the word hate, that's how strongly I feel) mushrooms, so I left them out.

-Did I mention it's healthy?

-Just make this soup. It encompasses all of the comfort of a chicken pot pie but it won't bust your points (Weight Watchers, anyone?)

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

3 comments:

Valeria said...

Yum I want to eat this right now (WITH mushrooms! Ha). Thanks for constant recipe inspiration.

Jessie said...

Yummy! I'd leave the mushrooms in too!

Valeria said...

Made it tonight--delicious and filling!