Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Try-It Soupday: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili.


Last week's Try-It Soupday fell on Saturday... but I am just now getting around to posting about it. Confession: I've made this soup before, so it isn't really a new recipe... But it's only my second time making it so I thought it'd pass...

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. Sweet potatoes? Black beans? Other strange ingredients like honey and coffee? Count me in! This chili has no meat in it. People like my dad would probably say, "Chili with no meat in it is no chili at all." But it's good! Believe it or not, something about the sweet potatoes makes this chili very hearty and filling. And best of all... it's healthy! If you are a fan of sweet potatoes I would highly recommend it. If you are not... maybe we'll have better luck next time.

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili

Not a bad pic for one taken on my phone, eh? Well done, Instagram.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I still miss my "try it Tuesday" tasty meals. Anytime you want to invite me for dinner I'm game. :)