Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Try-It Soupdays!

Y'all... I miss Try-It Tuesdays. I miss cooking for my family. I miss being intentional about trying new recipes. I miss the routine knowing that every Tuesday is my day to cook. So, I decided to bring it back... kind of. Soup weather is upon us, and I don't know if you know this about me, but I love soup. So. I decided to change it up a bit and start... Try-It Soupdays! It gives me the freedom to do it whatever night of the week I desire. But my goal is to try a new soup recipe every week until... it gets warm. Or until I get tired of it. Or until I say when.

So this week's Try-It Soupday was last night. I made a recipe from one of my favorite healthy food blogs: SkinnyTaste.Turkey Chili Taco Soup. Things that drew me to this recipe from first reading it...

1. It uses ground turkey instead of ground beef.
2. It uses a base of peppers and onions.
3. It has refried beans in it... Refried beans in a soup? (My thought: "It could either be really good or really not good... let's try it and see!")
4. It is quick. Ready in about 30 minutes or so.
5. It combines two of my favorite things: Mexican and soup.
6. It combines another two of my favorite things: chili and soup.
7. It is healthy. (P.S. The diet has only been going ok lately... I've only lost 15 pounds since July. But hey, I'm 15 pounds lighter than I was and I still have a month to go.)

I thought this was delicious! One of the things that was said on the blog was, "It's light and healthy and one cup always fills me up." I really doubted the "one cup always fills me up" comment... but I couldn't agree more! It was hearty, and spicy, and interesting... I'd highly recommend it!

Turkey Chili Taco Soup

No comments: