Saturday, April 26, 2014

A perfect night in Kansas City.


Tonight was one of those nights where I found myself saying out loud "This is so great…" all throughout the evening. So I thought I'd tell you about it...

Last week, my brothers Joel and Cory tried out a new barbeque restaurant in Kansas City called Q39. They had great things to say, and they know their barbecue, so I wanted to try it for myself. I went with my friends Kim and Becky and it was indeed delicious! Oklahoma Joe's will always reign supreme as far as my favorite barbecue joint goes. But Q39… a close second. It has a classier feel (being that it's not in a gas station) and the barbeque was outstanding.




After dinner we went over to my favorite place in Kansas City: Loose Park. I love that place. The tulips were out. The grass was soft (Kim encouraged us to take our shoes off and soak it up… it was a great idea.) The weather was beautiful. It was perfection.




After Loose Park we decided to take the scenic route back to Independence and go through downtown. I got the sudden urge to go visit The Scout and luckily Kim and Becky were on board for an added adventure so we made a quick stop.



What a great night. Have I mentioned that I love Kansas City? Because I do.

No comments: