Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Buy the hammock."


I went to Austin this last weekend. A lot of people have been asking how my trip was and what I did and I feel like I could sum it up in two words: eating and laughing (ok, three if you count "and" - don't be a jerk.) I had a great time with my brothers Joel and Cory. Austin is a great town. And my goodness, did I eat a lot of good food.

We stopped by REI while I was there because Joel had been dreaming about some new hiking boots for a while and was finally ready to take the plunge. While we were there I came across the hammocks… "Man, I've been wanting to buy a hammock for a while." I stood there and stared at them. Debated with my brothers. Walked around the store some more. And Joel finally said, "Buy the hammock." He's always been pretty practical - I mean the guy had come to REI three different times to try these boots on before actually buying them, so when he tells me to drop $100 without batting an eye I was surprised. So I did it. I bought the hammock.

We were talking later about how his outlook on life is changing. He's living more and encouraging others to do the same. Go back to school. Order a cupcake. Ask the girl out. Buy the hammock! So I did. I took Monday off and it was a beautiful day - I put the hammock up and read in my back yard for two hours and I was pretty stinking happy that I bought the hammock. I want to start living in a "buy the hammock" kind of way. And you should, too. YOLO was so three years ago… Buy the hammock's the new thing. And you should do it! Buy the hammock!

"Buy the hammock!"

1 comment:

Valeria said...

BUY THE HAMMOCK! I love it :) We can all go hammocking together now!