Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Try-It Tuesday: Sesame Peanut Noodles.


It's been quite a while since I've posted a Try-It Tuesday post. I haven't really been in the mood to cook. No - I haven't been depressed… My house has just been a little all over the place lately and it hasn't inspired me to cook. A few weeks ago the heat wasn't working… that lasted about two weeks. The heat is now fixed (plus it's getting warmer outside) and so now we have ants. Just in the kitchen. Where all the food is. These things have made me feel not so motivated to get in the kitchen - so I've been eating out way more than I should. But I finally made a meal at home last night - and this is good news!

One of my new favorite food blogs is called Le Creme de la Crumb. I have made her Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars (they were a hit!) and Hawaiian Hula Chicken (confession: wasn't a huge fan of this one.) When I saw her recent recipe for Sesame Peanut Noodles and knew that I actually had all of the ingredients at home - my previous excuses to stay out of the kitchen weren't going to keep me away. So I killed all of the ants I could find (sick, I know), whipped up the sauce, boiled some pasta, and about 15 minutes later I was eating dinner. The recipe was really quick and easy. There wasn't an overabundance of sauce which can either be a good thing - to keep it healthy, or a bad thing - because you love peanut sauce and want more. Also, there's no meat which can either be a good thing - because you're a vegetarian, or a bad thing - because you're like my dad and a meal without meat is not meal at all. Are there better peanut sauce noodle recipes out there? Yes (and this is the one.) Are there recipes that are this quicker, easier, and that still taste good? Maybe… but I am going to stick with this one. (This one's so easy, even you could do it, Katie Hayes!)

Sesame Peanut Noodles. Do it.

(Not bad for an Instagram pic, if I do say so myself…)

No comments: