Wednesday, August 19, 2009

¡El verano está terminado!

The end of summer is slowly approaching and I feel like it is time to reflect. At the beginning of the summer I made a wish list of things I wanted to do and thought I should revisit it to see how I did.

1. Read at least 5 books. Unsuccessful. I only read 2.
2. Visit Valeria in New York. Check! And I had a great time!
3. Watch all 10 seasons of Friends. I just completed this on Saturday. I would have to say trying to get this done is why I wasn't as successful with all of my other goals, because this took so much time.
4. Catch up on some shows. I didn't do this at all, but I think that is ok. The less TV the better, really...
5. Hang out with my family, specifically watching lots of Wheel of Fortune. I did this and it was lovely... and I must say that I dominated in WOF. :)
6. Spend lots of time with Jessie and the boys. I definitely did this and had a great time doing it!
7. Be crafty with Sarah. We had one day where we were crafty, just one. But we did it, so that's all that matters.
8. Hang out with my relatives as much as possible. I would have liked to do more of this but I enjoyed the time I did have. (And Anthony and I didn't start a band... too bad.)
9. Learn some more songs on the piano and write my own. I played some this summer but I didn't learn anything new and I didn't write my own...
10. Spend lots of time with the Lord. I could have done better at this but I did find some time, and it was great.

So there it is... relatively successful as far as the list goes.

Here are some highlights of my summer:

1. Working at the church. It was GREAT. I hope I can work there full time someday...
2. Traveling. I went to Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and New York. I saw a LOT this summer.
3. Making some new friends. I hung out with people that I hadn't really hung out with much, like my friends Rob and Corrie. They are the greatest! To think that I barely knew them at the beginning of the summer, and to compare that with how close we are now... it's just plain awesome!
4. Furthering my love for cupcakes and deciding to pass them on to other people. My parents said that if I made cupcakes that I couldn't keep them in the house because they would be too tempting and we are all trying to lose weight. Well, that gave me an excuse to have the courage (why courage? because I'm lame and thought people wouldn't want my cupcakes) to give them to other people. This is just something new in the past two weeks, but baking cupcakes and giving them to people may be one of my favorite things to do.

There you have it. I suppose this is one of those egotistical, all about me... and my summer, kind of posts. But I just thought I should reflect on the great things I've done this summer and how thankful I am for everything that I've been able to do!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

We finished off the last of your cupcakes tonight. Eli said, 'MMMM,' it was cute.

Joel said...

You didn't dominate in Wheel of Fortune...but it was fun definitely fun playing with you.