Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quality Conversations

There are times when I don't really feel like thinking about the world or anything deep. I want to just take it as it is and not go beneath the surface and think about things and why they are the way they are. It's generally easier that way.

There are other times when I want to discuss, theorize, question, and figure out the world. Tonight was one of those nights. I had the best conversation with my friend Corrie. We talked about everything: family, our dream jobs, the meaning of life, where we find joy, how we want to dress when we're old, God, husbands and all that go along with them... We talked on a variety of levels. It was quality.

I love quality conversations. I love a conversation that begins at surface level and gradually gets deeper to the point where you feel like you can discuss anything. I love it when people are ok with thinking critically and taking the time to do so. 

Needless to say, I had a good night just chatting... for hours... about nothing and everything at the same time.

No comments: