Thursday, August 13, 2009

Frank: The Soundtrack to My LIfe

I was just upstairs cleaning my room for the arrival of Bre, my brother's girlfriend and my future best friend, and downstairs I hear my dad turn on some of his music. I think he thought I was already gone to work so he cranked it up. One of many things I like about my dad is that he loves a variety of music. It went from Chris Tomlin to Michael Jackson to Frank Sinatra...

When Frank was playing I had this surreal moment. I was tidying my room and heard his smooth voice fill our house and it made me feel like I was in an old, black and white movie. I wanted to start singing as I was making my bed or turn around to find the man I had been waiting for arrive and tell me he loves me and give me a completely tasteful kiss.

It's funny how music can change the whole atmosphere of what you are doing. I wouldn't mind if I had Frank Sinatra playing all the time. There is something about his music and others from that era that reminds me a simpler times. Maybe all of our lives would seem a little more simple if we listened to Frank's love songs more often...

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, replacing me already, huh?! ;)

abby! said...

Never...