Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm a Mac person now...

Today, I purchased a Mac.

I think I have been waiting for this day to come since April of my senior year of high school when my dad walked down the stairs to inform me that he had ordered me a Dell laptop for my graduation present instead of a Mac. (Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful to my parents for that laptop. My Dell was a great companion to me over the past 3 years. But in the last year the CD rom has broken, the battery now only lasts 20 minutes, and every time I turn it on it gives me this terrifying "You're computer is going to die unless you push this button" message.)

So anyway, I did it. I have been dreaming about it for years, and obsessing over it for weeks. (Today at lunch my mom said, "What happened to my calm, even keeled daughter?" But the Mac has been bought and I'm back.) And it's done. No more obsessing, now just relaxed enjoyment.

This is my first post from my new Mac. May it provide many inspirational posts in the future...

No comments: