Sunday, August 16, 2009

Themed Birthday


I have never had a themed birthday before, but I did this year. Cupcakes. Everything was centered around cupcakes this year. Does that surprise you? Probably not. 

I got birthday presents that were cupcake-centered: Martha Stewart's Cupcake cookbook (which is where the above picture came from), piping bags and tips, a homemade cupcake recipe book, an apron that says "Cupcake Queen" on it, and multiple birthday cards dawning cupcakes... We also had cupcakes instead of real cake at the Burrichter Family birthday party this year. My aunt Charlotte even brought extras that weren't decorated so that I could practice with my new piping bags! And I sang worship at church this weekend, s0 a friend from church brought me Babycakes cupcakes which was very fun! And then to end the birthday weekend, I baked cupcakes all day today. It's been great (minus spending almost an hour trying to whip this frosting into fluffiness and never having success).

I have used the word "cupcake" more in the last 72 hours than I have in my entire life. But it's been a great weekend and a great birthday. Thanks to everyone who made it so special...

Birthday cupcakes and the recipe book from Charlotte.

Babycakes cupcakes and eating them with everyone at church!
My "Cupcake Queen" apron and the Snickerdoodle cupcake whose frosting took me all night to make. I was happy with the end results though!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

i'm so excited to try some new cupcake creations by you this year:)!