Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia

Last night I saw the movie Julie & Julia with my friends Jessie and Dana. While some people have no desire to see this movie because they think it looks dull, I was way excited. After seeing the first preview and realizing it was a movie about cooking and blogging, I knew I had to see it! I really enjoyed it... It was probably about 30 minutes too long for me, but overall, I liked it a lot.

Something that was brought up a lot in the movie was how egotistical blogging can be. People just use blogs to talk about themselves and highlight their lives. It made me a bit scared and I started thinking, "Man, I hope that's not what I'm doing." I suppose I'm guilty at times... especially last night's "I got a Mac!" post... it was all about me. But I would say that the purpose of this blog is not to bring attention to myself but to bring attention to things that I find beautiful. It's not to say, "Look at me!", it's purpose is to say, "Look at that!" I guess I hope that it is a blog of compliments to the world (aka God) and the little things it (He) provides. There is a lot of messed up stuff, so why not highlight the things that are still good. That's why I blog.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, and I am glad I was reminded of the purpose of this blog because I don't want it to be about me, I want it to be about everything else.

3 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Don't ever stop blogging the way you do. I love being a part of your life every day, looking forward to what you have to say. I think it is wonderful. Love you, thought you did an awesome job praising God this morning.

Jessie said...

Hey where's the picture in front of the theater??

abby! said...

I looked gross in it so I didn't want to put it on here. I almost did though.