Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Best Apple Crisp Ever.


Well folks, the wait is over. I have for you the best apple crisp recipe... ever. This recipe came from the Inman Centennial Cookbook celebrating years 1887 to 1987. (I was born in 1987.) It came from my grandma's church and has stuck with my mom. I was talking to Momma about it and she said, "Want to know the secret? ... You double the topping." Genius! (P.S. I already doubled the topping for you in the recipe below, so no need to double it... If you do, you will have quadrupled the amount of the original recipe. That would be pretty intense. It's your call.) Hope you enjoy!

Best Apple Crisp Ever

3 cups apples, sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp water
Cinnamon

Combine and place in a greased 8x8 pan.

1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix and spread over apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (Isn't it awesome how simple this recipe is? A blogger nowadays would have taken 2 or 3 paragraphs to explain how to do it, rather than 2 or 3 sentences.) (Speaking of wordiness... I'll shut up now.) 

(Looking pretty loved on after 26 years of use.)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

so excited to try this!!