Thursday, October 24, 2013

New York: Day 1.

(View flying in. Don't tell Southwest I broke the rules to take this.)

I'm in New York! My brother Kyle moved here a couple of months ago so my parents and I came to visit. Today was Day 1 and it was lovely... Quick highlights:

We ate at a pizza place near our hotel and it had a better lunch deal than we could find in Kansas City. Rolls, salad, and pizza for $7.99! It doesn't take much to get these cheap Midwesterners excited.

We saw Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and other things along the way.

Then we finished our evening at this place that my mom had heard about called Ellen's Stardust Diner where Broadway performers (or wannabe performers) are the wait staff and sing while they work. Quite the experience...

Here are a few pictures from the day.

 (I love benches...)

(View down the street from our hotel in Jersey City.)

 (Yep. Radio City Music Hall.)

 ("Artsy.")

(Rockefeller Center ice skaters!)

(Dinner at the diner.)

(Goodnight, New York.)

1 comment:

Valeria said...

These are all such great photos!! Love the view you have of the city from where you're staying. Thanks for blogging while you're on vacay, I appreciate it;) haha.