Friday, October 25, 2013

New York: Day 2.


I have always wanted to visit New York in the fall. I think the desire stemmed from the movie You've Got Mail when Tom Hanks writes Meg Ryan...

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

Why that line put a dream in me to visit New York in the fall? I don't know. It's probably a combination of that line, the beautiful shots of the city, and the Cranberries background music that really stole my heart. So when I had a chance to visit New York... in the fall... I was ecstatic. My parents asked me what I wanted to do and I gave them two things, 1. See a Broadway show, 2. Walk around Central Park - because in my head I envisioned this perfect outing consisting of beautiful changing trees, crunchy leaves on the ground, the sun shining, a cool breeze... I'd hyped it up in my mind and knew there was no way it could actually live up to my dreams. But today... it did. We took an afternoon stroll through Central Park and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. The words, "This is perfect." escaped my mouth a time or two. What a day...






(Me, and how giddy I was to be in New York, in Central Park, in the fall.)

P.S. I also got to see a Broadway show tonight: Jersey Boys! It was really good. Other highlights of the day: another quick stop at Times Square, stroll by Lincoln Center, and lots of lots of Subway riding.

 (This seemed classic New York to me: Starbucks, hot dog vender, cabs, fire escapes...)




1 comment:

Valeria said...

You're taking some FANTASTIC photos, my dear. I LOVED seeing your giddy self in Central Park:) I'm so glad you're experiencing perfect fall New York. Say hi to Tom and Meg and Brinkley for me if you see them around;)