Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Trees on a rainy day.


I really don't like rainy days. Like really don't like them. If I can stay in bed, I can handle about 2 hours of raininess, then I'm over it. Rainy days make me grumpy. I know... I should be able to overcome a little overcast sky, but I can't. Today my boss asked me, "Are you doing ok?" "Yeah, I am just a little overwhelmed." "What are you overwhelmed with?" I give him a list of a few things that I have to do and respond, "Ok, I guess I don't have that much on my plate. I just can't handle it like I normally would because I haven't seen the sun in two days." He laughed... but I was being serious.

The one good thing about rain (ok, other than the fact that it waters the ground and makes things grow...) is that the gray sky is the perfect backdrop for fall trees. I was walking on campus at work the other day to get coffee (hot drinks - one of the ways I try to redeem rainy days... still didn't work) and the trees looked amazing! They didn't look nearly as vibrant under the blue sky a few days ago. But my goodness... they were beautiful.

So there you have it, rainy days showcase fall trees. So I guess an occasional one isn't so bad... though I'm still praying for sun tomorrow.


P.S. One other thing I like and rain in the fall... and I don't really know why, is walking through wet leaves on the ground.. It's like a perfectly fall version of a red carpet (I know, what a diva thing for me to say) and it makes me smile. I tried to take a picture while walking this morning but didn't want to stop because my co-workers would think I'm crazy. It's blurry but we'll call it artsy. Ok? Ok!

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Very nice pictures. I have noticed the brilliant trees, too, the last few days. I love the artsy sidewalk shot. Yeah, it's blurry but perfectly so. Just like you . . . yep, blurry but perfectly so. Abby, thanks for helping me with my projects on top of other things you have to do. But I don't like knowing you feel overwhelmed. Hopefully the sun will shine on you tomorrow. Thanks for being such a bright spot in my life. I appreciate you and love you!