Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Try-It Tueday (or Monday): Skillet Cornbread.


I had my aunt Georgie and my mom over for dinner last night. I got excited to tell you about the recipe that I made for them then I realized that I've blogged about it before... womp womp.

I made Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. Momma and Georgie were fans. Comments that were made: "You can't even tell there isn't meat in this." "The sweet potatoes are the right consistency - not too hard and not too mushy." I blogged about this previously here or you can go straight here for the recipe.

To go along with it I also made Skillet Cornbread. I am always looking for an excuse to use my cast iron skillet so I was excited when I saw this recipe. It was tasty! I am still on the look out for the best corn bread recipe ever, and this one isn't it, but it was pretty good. And again... it was fun cooking it and serving it out of the cast iron. I'd recommend it for that reason alone. (Despite the fact that I burnt my hand TWICE because I grabbed the handle without thinking about the fact that it was hot...)
(Not the best picture ever, but you get the idea...)

My aunt Georgie brought veggies (yum) and my mom brought apple crisp. When my mom sends me her apple crisp recipe I'm going to dedicate a post to it because it was seriously one of the most delicious desserts I've ever eaten. For sure the best apple crisp ever. More to come on that.

Anyway, here are a few recipes for you to try. Happy Trying!

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

Hey Abby, thanks for having us for dinner. It was a great meal: delicious, savory, and wonderful conversation. I always enjoy being with you and your momma!

Valeria said...

Lots of apples still sitting in our fridge...waiting for your momma's apple crisp recipe ;)