Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Baked Burritos and Fiesta Beans.


For tonight's Try-It Tuesday recipe I got to channel my inner Chipotle burrito roller. Did you know that I worked at Chipotle in high school? I wanted to be surrounded by Spanish speakers and I loved Chipotle, so it seemed like the logical place to apply when I was strapped for cash my senior year. There is an art to rolling burritos, actually. Maybe someday, if you're lucky... I'll teach you how. Anyway, I actually just wanted another excuse to eat the salsa that I blogged about yesterday and am trying to avoid those delicious yet unhealthy tortilla chips... so I went on the look out for a semi-healthy Mexican recipe. I looove Mexican food (yes, three Os in love, that's how much I love it) If only it were healthier... I'd eat it every day. Well, maybe every other day, alternating with soup (man, I'm ready for it to be soup weather again.)

ANYWAY (man, am I full of tangents today...) I made a recipe for Beef and Black Bean Baked Burritos with Sour-Cream Poblano Sauce (which I didn't make to cut out calories) and another recipe for Easy Fiesta Beans (aka Fancified Pinto Beans.) The burritos were pretty tasty. Not the best burrito I've had in my life. Definitely not Chipotle-good. And not quite as healthy as I'd hoped either. But it was tasty and healthy enough. The beans were surprisingly tasty and healthy.... also incredibly easy to make. So, if you're looking for a relatively healthy Mexican meal... these recipes may be for you.

Beef and Black Bean Baked Burritos (with Sour-Cream Poblano Sauce)

Easy Fiesta Beans

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Have you tried Annie's Eats Mexican lasagna...I think that is fairly healthy. Also, you might like the chicken quinoa dish I made this week, also healthy..oh wait tomatoes...well check it out, the menu is on the blog.