Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas.

(Their picture.)

Last week I took a break from Try-It Tuesday because I had to work the late shift at work. (P.S. Did I tell you I got a new job? All sorts of changes in the life of Abby...) But this week I'm back. It's 11:30 and I've been in the kitchen all night. Let me tell you what I made...

For dinner, I made Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas with Creamy Salsa Verde. There's no point in a big build up... it was just plain good. I found the recipe on what is possibly my new favorite food blog: Skinnytaste. The recipes are lighter than your average and they all look so good. Tonight's dinner had a lot of lighter alternatives in it but you couldn't even tell. It was delicious. I would recommend you check out the blog... and this recipe... right now.


Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas with Creamy Salsa Verde

As I mentioned above, I got a new job. I'm still with JPMorgan but I'm now a "team coordinator" over a team of people who are doing the job that I used to do. It's an exciting change and I feel like this new position is using my gifts better than my old one did. I got the position at a hard time though... Our company has been requiring all sorts of overtime the last couple of weeks, and my team's overall spirit is just low. People are discouraged... and the light at the end of the tunnel is unfortunately no where near. Anyway, I wanted to do something to encourage my team. To say thanks for all of the hard work they have been putting in. So I baked for them tonight. I made two things. (Yes, I realize these two recipes are the opposite of what I am encouraging above... healthiness. I'm taking them to work and leaving them there. Don't you worry... Operation Bridesmaid is still on.)

Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites

(My picture.)

I may have snuck a little taste of both, because, you know, I can't serve something to people if I don't know it is edible. Both of these recipes were indeed edible... for sure.

2 comments: