Saturday, July 7, 2012

Operation Bridesmaid.

The dress.

Remember way back in January when I made all of those resolutions? Remember a couple months later when I checked in and said I was slacking on them? Well, I'm still slacking. And I can't slack anymore.  Mainly on the losing weight resolution. My goal was to lose 50 pounds this year... and I haven't. Can I be totally and completely honest with you right now? I'm in my good friend Valeria's wedding in November, and the bridesmaid dress that she picked out didn't come in my size... it came in one size smaller than my size. And so I bought it. And I have work to do. I have to lose a dress size by November or... else. I'm not that girl that buys a dress and starves herself until she fits into it... but this time I have no option. This is a good thing though. This is giving me the motivation that I need to make a change in my life.

So, Operation Bridesmaid officially began on Monday. What does this mean for my life?

1. I started Weight Watchers again. Counting points worked for me back in college... I actually lost 55 pounds. The thing with diets... they can't be temporary, just until you lose the weight and then you can go back to your old ways. I did that. And I'm just about back to wear I was. This change has to be permanent.

2. I will be baking less. I haven't baked anything in about 3 weeks now. This is a big deal.

3. I will be cooking more. And cooking healthy. It's actually been really good to replace my love of baking for a love of cooking. And finding healthy recipes that are still delicious. (Like this one! I made this on Wednesday... it was pretty tasty.)

4. I will be reading Made to Crave. This book gets to the root of overeating and makes the effort to lose weight less about getting skinny and more about the God issues behind it all.

5. I will start some kind of exercise regimen. I haven't decided what this is going to be yet. I do know one thing about myself, I really don't like running, so it'll have to be something creative if I am going to keep it going.

So, there you have it. I don't want to be that person who posts on Facebook every time she loses half a pound. But I may mention it occasionally just for accountability's sake. And I thought this would give an explanation for the lack of baking as well.

Alright, wish me luck! A life transformation is about to take place...

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I'll be praying for you!

Leigh Anne said...

I'm on myfitnesspal.com (laswarbrick) and it keeps me pretty accountable. I also got that book and need to get back to reading it....

You can do it Abby!

Casey said...

You CAN do it!!! Also WW is AWESOME!! I am actually a lifetimer and still need them to stay on track! SO ROCK ON & drop the size---s!!!!