Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Spicy Stuffed Peppers


Tonight I made Taste of Home's recipe for Spicy Stuffed Peppers. I subscribe Taste of Home magazine but for some reason rarely cook anything out of it even though it has tons of tasty-looking recipes. So the other day, when I got the most recent issue in the mail, I decided I would be intentional to choose a recipe for Try-It Tuesday from the magazine. I came across the recipe for Spicy Stuffed Peppers. It looked pretty easy and pretty healthy (the two things I seem to be going for lately) so I decided to try it out.

The verdict? I really liked it! The rice, sausage, and jalapeƱo was a great combination of flavor and bite.  The tomato juice was a low-cal way to keep the rice from getting too dry. And like I mentioned above... it was easy... and healthy (I replace andouille sausage with turkey breakfast sausage.) Definitely a do-over, if you ask me!

Spicy Stuffed Peppers (with Andouille aka Turkey Breakfast Sausage)

Peppers... pre-stuffing. My post-stuffing pics didn't look so appetizing.

No comments: