Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad


Hey there! It's Tuesday and that means it's my night to cook. My dad was out for the night so my mom suggested that I come up with some fancy salad to make since we could actually get away with it with my dad gone... So I went with Pioneer Women's Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad with Dried Cherries (I'm surprised she couldn't find a shorter name than that). I love salads with fruit in them, and I'm a recent fan of blue cheese, so I had a feeling this one would be a winner... and it was.

Pioneer Woman's salad consisted of:

-Lettuce
-Apples
-Pecans
-Dried Cherries
-Blue Cheese
-Salad dressing (the salad dressing she came up with is SO good, even if you don't like fruity salads, I would still recommend you try the dressing...)

I added:
-Grilled chicken (since it was our main course, it needed some protein, and you know how I love chicken...)
-Red onions (I. love. red onions.)

Anyway, it was definitely a hit! My mom and I both loved it. So if you like easy, and salads, and fruit in your salad... this is the recipe for you.

Apple Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad with Dried Cherries

1 comment:

Momma said...

I counted that we have about 5 or 6 more "Try it Tuesdays" before you move out. I'm going to miss your creativity with new recipes! Your roommates will soon get the pleasure of your cooking. You are great!