Friday, August 31, 2012

Adult.

Bigsby.

 Lately, I've been feeling more like an adult. I'm 25. I live on my own (well, I have for 6 days now.) I have a job. I've also been doing adult-like things that I never really thought I would do. A few examples...

1. I make myself a cup of coffee every morning. Only adults do that. I never thought I'd be a "coffee drinker"... But it just kind of happened.

2. I have to use a badge to swipe myself into work. You know you're legit when your work requires you to swipe in with a badge. That or the world is becoming a sad place where we all have to hide behind closed/locked doors... but that's besides the point. Adults wear badges. Something that I did that's not so adult-like... I lost my badge yesterday, but that's also besides the point.

3. I make my bed in the morning. This is a new thing with my new house. As previously posted, I have an abundance of pillows, and I don't want them just hanging out on my dusty/hair collecting wood floor all day. So I'm making my bed. It's great.

4. I was concerned when I got home yesterday to an empty house with a candle burning. My roommate left it burning on accident. When I was younger, I would have been like, "Whatever, nothing happened, it's ok." But adults worry about candles burning down their house.

5. I have a cat. Well, the cat isn't actually mine. Yesterday I came home to a cat that my roommates bought. I'm not a huge cat person, but maybe I'll become one. His name is Bigsby. And he's cute.

See? Five examples of how adult-like I'm becoming. I suppose this post proving that I'm an adult maybe takes away some of my adult-like qualities... but once again... that's besides the point.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Another adult thing to do: taking allergy medicine because you're now living with a cat. ;)

Valeria said...

Welcome to adulthood friend! I dont feel like I'm quite there yet so let me know how it goes. I suppose MARRIAGE might get me there quickly...we'll see;) and Bigsby is adorable, I can see you liking cats with that little guy around.