Wednesday, August 8, 2012

No trying, but definite smiling.

So... I didn't try anything new last night for Try-It Tuesday. For some reason, although I pinned like 27 things this past week on Pinterest, I couldn't find a recipe that I wanted to make. Luckily, as I was scouring the internet frantically on Monday night for the perfect recipe, my mom said, "Just make Chicken Curry in a Hurry. I love that." Done and done. So I cooked a previous Try-It Tuesday. Chicken Curry in a Hurry. And I made it healthier. And it was still good!

Since I have no new recipe to offer, I thought I'd talk about some other things that are making me smile. A fair trade, I'd say.

(Not a real life picture of me... In case you were wondering.)
1. Update on Operation Bridesmaid. I weighed myself on Monday and I've officially lost 10 pounds. (Ok, 9.8, but can I round up? Ok, thanks.) I'm not saying this to be like, "Hey, guys! I'm awesome." Because I'm not. I've still got a long way to go... But I told you I'd update you, so here I am.

(The guy on the right's face is aMAzing...)
2. The Olympics. I'm loving the Olympics. I'm pretty sure this is the only time of year that I'm ok with sports being on my TV all night, every night. I'm kind of sad that they are winding down... (If you want to see more funny pictures like the one above, go here!)

(I didn't bake this cake. I don't love Pinterest THAT much.)
3. Pinterest. I still love Pinterest. I was kind of over it for a while, but I'm back into it. Maybe it's all the inspiration I've been getting because of all of the upcoming decorating I'll be doing at my new place. (Only 2 weeks until I move out... craziness.)

(Angry much?)
4. Spite and Malice app on my iPhone. Ever played the card game Skip Bo? Apparently it was called Spite and Malice before they changed it to something a little less... angry. The app still goes by the old name though. It's great! I played with Jessie last night and had a grand ol' time.

(Who's the hottie on the left?)
5. Packing. No, I don't like packing. I really dislike packing. But I've really enjoyed going through my things and reminiscing about the old days... Gotta be honest, I threw most of the stuff away because I'm on a purging kick. But it's made the packing process a little more bearable.

Hope you're smiling, too!

2 comments:

Valeria said...

Ab so proud and impressed by you!!

Heather said...

Really proud of you Abby! You are awesome!