Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baking with the Momma!

I am home for Thanksgiving break and with Thanksgiving comes a LOT of food in the Thomason house. I have had the chance to bake with my mom the last two nights and it has been splendid.

Last night she taught me how to make pie crust (pictured above) and tonight she gave me tips as we made chocolate chip cookies, puppy chow, and scotcheroos.... (You better believe I won't be visiting the scale anytime soon.) There is something special about baking with your mom. It's like one of those things they show in holiday movies where they have cheesy instrumental music in the background and zoom in in slow motion on everyone's smiling faces. I wish we had cheesy music in the background tonight because I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it deserved to be documented like a holiday movie. It was just great!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

i baked a pumpkin pie today and thought of you. this crust looks superb! lets practice some of those tips you learned when we're back at the apartment ;)