Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a great day...

Today has been one of those days close to perfection so I thought I should write about it.

I went shopping with my good friend Jessie and it was just so great... I like her so much. Jessie and I's friendship is interesting because there is about a 10 year age difference but I still feel like we connect so well. I love hearing her insight about things and sharing stories with her because my life as a college student and her life as a mother of two are a bit different. She is simply a wonderful friend.

The shopping was fun. We hit up Marshall's, Stride Rite, Gap Kids, Old Navy, and then Dillard's. I would say my shopping trip didn't really begin until we made it to Dillard's. My intention of going there was to try on some Sperry Topsider's so that I could ask for the right size and style for Christmas. After putting them on my feet I just didn't think I was going to be able to part with them. I made a quick call to my mom and asked her if she wanted to give me an early Christmas present and she did! So I bought them! They look like the shoes below:



We then made it over to the MAC counter where I tried on department store make up for the first time. SO much fun! Jessie introduced me to a whole new world of shopping. We finished the shopping trip in the perfume section. If someone asks you if you want to try Kate Moss's new scent, say no.

Anyway... today was great. I loved spending time with Jessie. She's an incredible woman. And I love my new Sperrys. They are great, too. As for Kate Moss... I still smell like old lady... Thanks a lot.

2 comments:

Valeria said...

i am excited for your Sperry's. And as for trying on makeup, go you, i've never done that either!

Jessie said...

The next step to trying on make up at the dept store is actually having them do your whole face. Then, you are obligated to go out afterwards b/c you look so beautiful! Oh, Kate Moss's new scent, totally laughed out loud with that comment. Thanks for the fun day too and the lovely comments. My recap certainly didn't do the day justice.