Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My New Friend A.W. Tozer

My Bible study is reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. (I will likely mention my Bible study a lot because I am just learning so much...) I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't really enjoy the book that much when I first started reading it. But as we dig in more, week after week I am continually astounded by the cool truths that Tozer presents. This last week we read something that is so simple yet it completely blew my mind. Here it is:

"The man who has struggled to purify himself and has had nothing but repeated failures will experience real relief when he stops tinkering with his soul and looks away to the perfect One. While he looks at Christ, the very things he has so long been trying to do will be getting done within him."

This is just so cool to me and makes so much sense. So often I feel guilty about how I am never measuring up. While I can't ignore my sin, if I start focusing on the man that Christ was and is I will be transformed automatically into something closer to the woman that God designed me to be. So simple. I love it.

2 comments:

Whit said...

Abby! Remember me from the good old days at LHS?! How are you girl? I love that you have a blog...it's so hot right now :) Hope all is well!

-Whitney Nielsen

abby! said...

Of course I remember you! How great it is to hear from you!! I am doing great, how are you my long lost friend?!