Monday, November 17, 2008

Sufjan and Heroes

Two Things That Made My Monday Happy:

-Sufjan Stevens' "Songs for Christmas" album(s) is(are) amazing. I was late joining the Sufjan bandwagon but I now love him, especially his Christmas stuff. I know... it's November 17th... Some say it's way too early for Christmas music. I disagree and I especially disagree in order to listen to Sufjan's Christmas stuff. I find myself craving this music throughout the year, not just during Christmas time. It's original and different yet still has something classic about it. I would say a few of my favorite songs are:
-That Was The Worst Christmas Ever!
-Holy, Holy, Holy
-Sister Winter
-Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!
(It was difficult for me to narrow it down even this far. It's all just so good!)

-Heroes is great. The critics say it has gone downhill from the first season. I just read they are firing people to attempt to bring it back to its roots. It's true. Heroes is not AS amazing as it was the first season but I haven't lost faith. I just finished watching tonight's episode and I continue to love it. Maybe it's because they have made Sylar good. Even when he was bad I liked him. I felt like a creeper feeling sympathy for the guy who telepathically cuts heads open, but now I have a reason to like him, and that just makes me feel better about myself. I would say if you watch Heroes or watched in the past, don't give up. Tonight's episode got me excited all over again!

1 comment:

Cory said...

I think this post should be taken down. We don't want the Thomason name to be disgraced with your christmas music rule breaking.