Friday, November 21, 2008

A Cheesy Post About Hugs

Like before mentioned, I work at Kaldi's Coffee as a baker. I have to be there at 4:30 in the morning and people often ask me, "What? Are you crazy? How do you manage to get up that early?" Coming from a person who sleeps in until 12:00 or 1:00 p.m. if allowed, I understand the disbelief. But... I love my job! And the reason is the people I work with! Friends will ask, "How was work today?" and I often respond, "It was great! I know I've said this before, but I just love the people that I work with!" They are great...

...Today was my last day to work for the next week and a half because I am headed back to the GREAT Kansas City (we haven't discussed my love for KC yet, but no worries, it's coming) for Thanksgiving break! I was saying bye to my two favorite co-workers, Eric and Jessica... and we all hugged! I mean, there were no tingles or anything but something about those two hugs meant something special. It was like we were solidifying the friendships we are making. I know that is silly, but I'm not going to lie, I smiled about it for the rest of the morning.

Overall... hugs are great. And so are the people I work with. I can deal with a few less hours of sleep if it means that I get to hang out and laugh with some of the coolest people I know...

(For lack of a picture I decided to show the picture I took for my mom of the baked goods that I make every morning. This is what I do! I'm a baker at Kaldi's who hugs her co-workers!)

3 comments:

Whit said...

You are so cuteeeeee! I am in the same situation-the people I work with make everything worth it!

No I'm not coming home for Thanksgiving :( Wish I was, but we only have 3 days off so it wouldn't really be worth it. I am coming home for Christmas! Can't wait!

Valeria said...

haha you ARE a baker who HUGS people. and i love it :) thanks again for the lovely musical ride today...
..be careful where you are this week. you may just get "Musicaled!"

Unknown said...

You are one of the best huggers I know! You learned it well from your Momma!