Thursday, November 20, 2008

Let It (FAKE) Snow!

So the other day my lovely roommates Sarah, Valeria, (I don't remember if Meg was around or not, she was there in spirit), and I were hanging out, working on some homework when Valeria randomly said, "I'm really in the mood to have fake snow around." Meaning the cottony kind that sometimes can be found in cheesy (as in the great kind of cheesy) store displays... We brainstormed how fun it would be and then got back to work.

Yesterday I was at the store with my good pal Jonathan. He was getting Christmas lights for his apartment's incredible Christmas display when I looked over and across the aisle was a big, cheap package of fake snow! I went crazy and bought some snow and some white Christmas lights. (By the way, Jonathan noticed on the snow packaging it said, "...perfect for all kinds of Christmas decorations, only limited by your imagination." Amazing...) So I got really excited and decked our apartment out to surprise my roommates.

Long story short, here is the result. It is funny how cheap $3 fake snow and a couple strands of white Christmas lights can transform a whole afternoon. It's the little things, I guess...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet of you to do that for valeria :)

Anonymous said...

oh, and i am simplyhappy

leigh anne :)

Cory said...

You really are shattering all Christmas rules none to man.

abby! said...

First of all, snow does not mean Christmas, it means winter. AND, even if it is Christmas-y we have a good reason. After Thanksgiving, we only have 3 weeks to enjoy the Christmas stuff before we have to come home... So in order to enjoy it HERE for a decent amount of time, we have to decorate before Thanksgiving. Just get over it.

Valeria said...

i love our apartment decor!! it's so homey.