Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sigur Ros

I typically don't write much about music because I leave that to the experts, my brothers Joel and Cory. Joel gave me some music of the band Sigur Ros yesterday though, and I can't get enough of it! Their music is pretty low key and they sing in a different language (they are from Iceland, so it may be icelandic (?) but I think I've heard before that they sing in their own language; someone, aka Joel, correct me if I'm wrong) so I can still enjoy the beauty of the vocals without worrying about the lyrics so it's perfect study music.

Below is the video of a song that I can't stop listening to right now. I would tell you the title but it makes no difference (ok, it's "Vid Spilum Endalaust" in case you are inspired to download it.) The video is weird, and like I said, you can't understand the lyrics, but the music is powerful and inspirational, and I really like it a lot!


3 comments:

Cory said...

I'm not Joel, but I believe that Sigur Ros sings in like a made up language, but I don't think it is even like Icelandic. It is just pretty much totally made up.

abby! said...

Yeah, I thought it was made up. I just knew they were from Iceland, so if I was pretty sure it was either made up or Icelandic.

Joel said...

Most of the time they sing in Icelandic. Sometimes, like on the album ( ), they sing in a made up language called Hopelandic. On the most recent album, they even sang in English.