Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Dream House: Missouri Manor

Every day on my way to campus I have the pleasure of driving by Missouri Manor, the former bed and breakfast that sits there vacant with no one to enjoy its beauty... but I enjoy it from afar.

It has been for sale for the past two years. Last year I would drive by and daydream of all the wonderful possibilities that the beautiful home could have. And then after the owners couldn't sell it for a long time, they auctioned it off this past August. So my dreams of owning it (although never realistic dreams) were crushed. Then the people who bought it in the auction put it up for sale, and the dreams have somewhat been rekindled...

I would love to buy this house, or just live or work in it, really! So if anyone is looking for a B & B (or it could be a coffee shop, or ministry house, or anything...) right smack dab in the middle of good ol' Missouri to invest in, I'll live in it for you! Here is a website about it. Even if you don't want to/can't buy it (because really, who can?), it's still pretty fun to look at. I wish my pictures did it more justice, but I didn't have much time because I felt like a creeper taking pictures of a house that wasn't my own. Maybe someday...


(It even has its own sign and a spiral staircase... perfection!)

3 comments:

Valeria said...

HA I'm surprised it took you this long to post about Missouri Manor but I'm so glad you did and this made me smile. I love that you stopped to take pictures:) Let's cross our fingers that someone else-w/ money- falls in love this beautiful home and wants to let us be in it.

Georgie said...

That is really neat. Dave's mom has a house she walks past on her daily walks in Florida. We took some pictures of it for her while we were there. Everyone needs to dream!

Jessie said...

Maybe I should buy it to add to my collection of houses b/c I do want a B&B someday!