Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mas arte de arboles.

I just can't get enough of tree artwork. Since I saw the above album cover of Jon Foreman's Limbs and Branches, I have wanted to recreate it somehow. I have been waiting to find a brown paper bag to work with, and randomly found one in the apartment when I was cleaning yesterday, so last night I went to work. I used the verses John 15:1-9 to act as the leaves. I guess you could say I'm decently happy with the end result. If nothing else, I enjoyed making it.
Speaking of artwork, I still haven't done anything with the bare tree paintings that I painted over Christmas break. Does anyone want them? I think my mom has first dibs, but if anyone else has a desire, their yours. (My feelings won't be hurt if no one wants them though.)
In the meantime... Go Jayhawks!!

6 comments:

Anthony P said...

I want them! Let me know if your mom doesn't claim them. They would look Sweet in my office!

Norma said...

I already had plans for those tree pics in our bathroom:( but if this friend of yours could put them to better use in his office then let him have them. You are so good at what you do!sme

Norma said...

Hah! I just realized that is Anthony! I guess my old eyes couldn't decipher the small picture.

abby! said...

They're all yours Momma! I can make something else for Anthony... Anthony, any piece of art that you've been coveting lately that I could recreate?

Anthony P said...

Well...
There is a cool graphic my friend uses on his blog that i would love to have a painting of if you are looking for something to do. But I don't know if it would be possible or not. his blog is http://chavezridesagain.blogspot.com/
and its the picture of the guitar on the right. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity and the way you can take another artist's idea and expand upon it. You have a way to make things better than they were at first. That's what I love about you!!