Friday, June 18, 2010

Starry Nights.

I wish I was cool enough to know how to take pictures that accurately capture the beauty of a starry night. But I'm not. A few people on Flickr are but most of them wouldn't allow me to copy and paste their pictures. So instead of finding some random picture on Google of lame stars, I decided to go with Van Gogh's "Starry Night" to help get across my love for starry nights. I think he's pretty worthy of the task.

My family rented a house for this week's Colorado vacation. There are 17 (aunts, uncles, cousins...) of us so we researched a little and a big house was cheaper than multiple little hotel rooms/condos. The house is beautiful... One of the many wonderful things about this place is that it has a hot tub outside that overlooks the mountains but also has a perfect view of the stars. No city lights or loud cars to mess with the moment. You're just sitting there, with a cool breeze, soaking up the hot tub, the silhouettes of mountains, and the stars. (And quality conversations with my cousins because I'd never go out to the hot tub alone... that's weird.) Anyway, it's perfection.

One of my favorite bands Balmorhea put out an album this year called Constellations. A lot of their songs have a starry night vibe. Here is a song that I feel depicts the feelings that I've felt while watching the stars over the last week.

1 comment:

Monica said...

You know how you said there was 17 of you guys well, in my family there are 24 of us so wen we come to visit it is pretty hard to find a place to house us rabbits.

I like the song and Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings. I think i did a post on it.