Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Card Gone Wrong.

So, my cousin Brad is working at Kanakuk (a Christian sports camp, for those who are unfamiliar with it) this summer. I've been meaning to write him a letter or make him a card for quite some time. Brad is the funniest guy I know so I thought I should make something funny for him... And the above card is what turned out.

Before you make assumptions... let me explain. Brad goes to K-State, hence the "K-State Brad" holding a pencil. He worked for Budweiser delivering beer last summer and is going to do it the second half of this summer, hence the "Bud Brad" carrying a case of beer. Like I said, Brad is working at Kanakuk kamps (yeah, they're cool and spell everything with a K) so I made a "Kamp Brad." I contemplated having him hold a cross, or having his hands up in worship, or even holding a football (because that's the sport that he's concentrating on at kamp) but thought that those ideas were all boring. Then I remembered hearing that he was certified in BB guns during his week of kamp training so I thought, "Let's be funny and have him hold a BB gun." Well... it turned out looking like he's planning on shooting up kamp. (If you happen to be a CIA guy looking for tips on possible bad guys, I promise this guy isn't one of them. I'm just horrible at making funny cards.)

Yep, it's pretty much a train wreck of a card. I obviously wasn't going for a polished look when making it. Apparently I wasn't going for a "non-offensive" look either. Oh well... he'll get the point that I miss him. Hopefully he'll laugh, and hopefully no one will get the wrong impression...

5 comments:

Coleen said...

I don't think I've ever posted on your blog before, but I hope you don't mind it. I randomly found your blog, and have enjoyed your posts.

The card-- I think it's great! I write letters and thank you notes all the time and hardly ever get anything, except maybe an email! I miss the days of letter writing and thank yous! This card is just adorable!

abby! said...

Colleen, I love that you posted something. Post away... It's nice to get some feedback. Thanks! :)

Aunt Cindy said...

Brad is going to love hearing from his funny girl cousin. I think it will be special. It makes my "aunt" letter pretty boring. Going to have to work on it.

Katie said...

i laughed out loud and def thought it was a gun before i read the blog....also looks like possible hairdryer??

Georgie said...

Your card is PERFECT!!! Love you!