Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blessed Baker.

Today was a hard day... It's true, the girl who blogs about how happy and beautiful life is has hard days. Long story short, I'm having a hard time leaving a job that I enjoy and working with people that I love to go into this unknown territory of the "working world" doing something I'm not totally passionate about. I've always been bad at transitions so it only makes sense that I would be struggling right now. The leaving is always the hard part, but once I've arrived at the new place, I'm generally fine. So, since I found out three weeks ago that I got this new job and will be leaving my current job, it's been this never ending, painful transition. It's like a bandaid that you can't rip off, so you gradually pull it away, one hair at a time. Today the bandaid got closer to budging. The staff that I currently work with took me out to lunch kind of as a farewell (talk about bittersweet) and I cleaned out my office (it was like in the movies, where the person has all of their belongings in a cardboard box.) It was just hard.

So I came home, talked it out with my mom, cried a little bit, went shopping :), and then I baked. When I busted out a food magazine with some new recipes in it my mom said, "You always bake when you're depressed." I wouldn't say that I'm depressed, but it's a fact, baking is a pick me up for me. So, that's what I did. I baked, and it was glorious. I made these cookies from Taste of Home magazine called "Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies" or something like that. They were wonderful...
So today was rough... But at the end of the day, I'm blessed to have worked where I've worked and with the people that I've worked with for the last 9 months. I'm blessed to have a new job that is full time, pays decently, and has benefits. I'm blessed to have a brother that loves me even when he gives me a hug and I say "I don't really want to be touched right now," but comes back for another when I'm ready. I'm blessed to have a mom that listens to me and lets me cry and then moves on. I'm blessed to have a working oven, a beautiful Kitchenaid mixer, and miraculously all of the ingredients I need to make a new cookie recipe. I'm just blessed, and that's the truth I'm focusing on to finish a day like today.

1 comment:

Valeria said...

i'm about to run to get my haircut but i just pulled up your blog, saw pictures of those cookies and went oh my gosh! they just look amazing. bring some to dallas will ya? ha.

actually, JUST BRING YOU! In less than a week:) Can't wait!