Sunday, October 3, 2010

Picking Up.

"Business" (if you can call it that) has been picking up lately. Two weekends ago I baked 4 cakes, last weekend I baked 2, and this weekend I baked 2. It's kind of a shame that now it's picking up. I've had all this time on my hands over the last 9 months with I've only been working 20 hours a week. And now, that I just got a full-time job, things pick up. Tonight I had the realization that once I start my new job I won't have as much time to bake. It's kind of sad...

So, I've decided I'm going to try to bake a lot over the next 2 weeks and take advantage of the time I have. (It sounds like I'm dying or moving or something, but no, I'm just getting a full time job like a normal adult...) Anyway, here are a few of the cakes that I've baked over the last couple weeks. I haven't been as diligent at taking pictures, but I managed to remember for these cakes. (Above is a birthday cake for one of my co-workers. That is supposed to be the Orange County Chopper logo on a chocolate cake with white buttercream frosting.) I still have a long way to go, especially with my writing, but I can see myself improving which is a step in the right direction (sorry you just had to sit through the little pep talk I just gave to myself.)
(Chiefs cake for another one of my co-workers,
white wedding cake with buttercream frosting.)
(Birthday cake for a friend at church,
white wedding cake with buttercream frosting.)

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

As the family expert on decorating cakes, well your dad is good too, I think you are doing an awesome job on the writing.