Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fridays.

I think I've always loved Fridays but Fridays have found a new place in my heart now that I know what it feels like to work at 40-hour work week. Fridays are great! This particular Friday was particularly (yep, I said it twice) wonderful. Here's why:

1. Christine (she's my friend that I went to college with and we both got jobs at J.P. Morgan and so we carpool together. Christine's great, by the way. I don't think I would like my job at all if she wasn't around. SO thankful for her. Anyway, back to what I was saying...) picked up McDonald's breakfast for us before we met to ride to work. I think we should maybe make it a traditional. We could call it Fried Food Fridays or something.

2. We had a pump up session to some pretty quality Top 40 dance music during the drive. I was pretty convinced that after hearing this song, the whole day was destined to be a good one.

3. We have casual Fridays at work. So I got to wear jeans, and a t-shirt (so I'm not sure if I was allowed to, but I layered so much that I don't think they even knew), a cardigan, and a scarf. Casual Fridays rock.

4. I came home from work, lounged on the couch and read October's Real Simple. I love Real Simple. A lot.

5. I finished the day with a date with my momma. We went and had Thai food and saw Life As We Know It (yep, that's the second time I've seen it...) and it was a great evening. I love hanging out with her...

Fridays are great. Particularly this particular (yep, I meant to repeat it) Friday... (P.S. I couldn't find a good picture for Fridays so I found this silly one on Etsy. It made me smile no matter how cheesy it is. Don't judge me.)

No comments: