Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Cheer!

Yesterday three things happened that just made me think, "Christmas cheer is alive and well." Want to know what happened?

1. We had a cookie exchange at work. The whole point was for people to mingle to each others' desks, chat it up, and enjoy some quality baked goods. Mingling and baked goods? Those are pretty much two of my favorite things in the world. Only around Christmastime can you pull that off. It was lovely.

2. I got a Christmas/Welcome card. I've been in training since I started my job at JP Morgan in October. This week was our last official week of training and we were split into our respective teams. I didn't really know anyone on my new team. I'd chatted with a few of them when I'd been up to set up my cubicle (by the way, I'm totally a person with a cubicle now... more to come on that later.) But yesterday when I went up to my desk I saw a box of Andes mints and a card saying, "Merry Christmas, Welcome to the Team, and Happy New Year, too! From, John." From John? The guy that hadn't said one word to me since I'd been up there? I'd assumed he was shy or anti-social or something. I was wrong... John rocks. And he's the coolest guy ever for going out of his way to welcome me (and another guy from my training class) to the team.

3. We got serenaded by a co-worker. One of the head trainer's sings as a side job and we keep bugging him to sing for us. He won't, but yesterday he went up and asked one of our co-workers who also sings if she'd want to come down and sing for us. Her name was Dawn. She sang The Christmas Song. It was beautiful. And it was one of the coolest things I've experienced at JP Morgan thus far. ("The best way t spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." Name that movie!)

What a great day... You know what else is great, though? I get the next 4 days off of work and I don't have to set an alarm to wake me up tomorrow morning. Now that is great.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Elf! You should have joined them in the singing b/c you rock too!