Saturday, December 4, 2010

Little Things: Christmas Decorations.

I'm currently sitting in my living, in my favorite seat in the house and I'm surrounded by beautiful Christmas decorations. For as long as I can remember my mom has decked out the house beautifully and tastefully (which is key, because a lot of people tend to venture toward "cheesy land"... Thankfully, we stay away.) Over the years, I have begun to appreciate the festiveness (and the work that goes into it) more and more and now I get to partake in the decorating fun!

One of my favorite things to do is decorate my mom and I's Christmas tree. We have a big tree in our living that everyone decorates and we put all of the family ornaments on. And we have a "girl's tree" that is a smaller tree on our sun porch that is even more beautiful. This year we changed up the color scheme a bit and I'm really excited about it. I think it's beautiful and I love doing it with my momma.

So basically... I love Christmas decorations. And I love how our home looks during Christmastime. It's hard to not be filled with holiday cheer when you're home. Here are some pictures of our house. I figured pictures speak louder than words for this occasion. There are a lot, but I just had to... I love them!

Little Things Christmas Edition Day 4: Christmas Decorations!
(Mom and I's tree!)
(Our Mustard Seed tree topper!)
(I love taking this walk up to my room!)
(Our mantle... gotta love it.)
(Our outside decorations...!)

1 comment:

sarah said...

a) i love your tree!
b) i've never been to missouri... and i may or may not have just orbitz-ed tickets, haha. i would love to come enjoy a cold weekend... esp when it was 80 degrees today in houston :(