Sunday, December 12, 2010

Frosty grass.

Remember about two years ago when I was fascinated with the fact that because I left for work so early (I was a baker and had to be at work at 4:30 am...), I beat the morning freeze and never had to scrape off my car? Well... that happens no more. My car is frosty... all. the. time. A couple years ago my parents gave me this spray de-icer stuff in my stocking and it's kind of revolutionized the morning scraping. It's wonderful... You know what else is wonderful?

Frosty grass. Yeah, you read that right... I like it when grass it frosty (and it's frosty when my windows are frosty, just in case you didn't catch the segue.) I like how it's crunchy when you walk on it. I like how it glitters like a Christmas ornament. I like how it helps redeem a chilly morning as I'm walking out to my freezing car. I just think it's beautiful.

Some of you may not even know what I'm talking about, you get the luxury of parking in the garage and don't have the experience of walking out and getting your car ready to be driven in the winter. But those of you who are with me, who park outside, next time you're walking out to your car, enjoy the crunchy, frosty grass... It'll make your chilly morning a little warmer.

3 comments:

Norma said...

Impressed that you took the time to take a picture of frosty grass in the frosty temps! I continue to appreciate the way you highlight the little things that are beautiful. I'll take note of the frosty grass next time I pull my car out of the cozy garage.:)

abby! said...

I didn't actually take that picture, so don't be impressed. I stole it from google... :)

Jessie said...

Ha ha. I was wondering about that picture. It is lovely. I love frosty trees that glimmer in the sun!