Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday Night Lights.

A few months ago my friend Emily said, "Abby, I think you should watch Friday Night Lights. I feel like you're a person who really gets into TV shows and I think you would like it." I wonder why she would think that I really get into TV shows...? (Proof #1, Proof #2, Proof #3) Oh, right... I guess it's true.

Well, about a month ago I decided to take Emily's word and try it out. It was just too easy because four of the five seasons are currently on Netflix. So I started watching, and I thought, "I like this, I don't know if I'll be hooked like the other shows..." False. I'm hooked... bad. I watch at least an episode a night. I've been irritable at work because I haven't been getting enough sleep because I've been staying up late to watch the silly show. But it's great. It's got everything you could want in a show...

1. Teenage drama: I was totally that girl who watched The OC, One Tree Hill, you name it, back in the day. This is basically just like those shows, but a toned down, Texas version.
2. Inspirational sports movie characteristics: slow claps, always winning, a couch that'll do anything for his players, etc....
3. Matt Saracen and Tim Riggins: the good boy and the bad boy... take your pick, they're both wonderful in their own way.
4. A solid husband and wife duo: I love the Taylors. They make me smile.
5. A hot coach: You know you're growing up when you find the coaches and teachers more attractive than the high schoolers in TV shows... I'm getting old.
Ok, so those are some lame things to love, but the show is great. Take my word for it or check it out yourself. You won't be disappointed...

2 comments:

sarah said...

this is filmed right outside Austin in Pflugerville - one of my college friends actually went to school there! and i got to drive by :)... but i've never actually seen the show, haha

Valeria said...

abby i've been thinking about you lots because i too recently became obsessed with the show. i too have been losing sleep staying up watching too many episodes. but it's great. i'm hooked. i kind of want to start slowing down because i think i'll be sad if i get through the seasons too quickly and then have to wait for it to come back to live tv. ha.