Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter.

Everyone loves the idea of cold and snow up until Christmas. BUT, when Christmas is over, the beauty and chill of the season quickly wear off and many of us are ready to get on with spring. I hate to break it to you, but spring isn't going to be here for a while... technically the season of winter just started 5 days ago. So we've got some time to kill and we might as well embrace it.

I saw this picture on my brother Joel's blog the other day. It's by a photographer named Stephane Suisse and it's amazing. It combines two things I love dearly: trees and benches. I feel like this depicts everything wonderful about winter. A few other things I love about winter...

1. Wearing hats, scarves, and gloves... but especially scarves. I love being able to layer and bundle for a season.
2. Sparkly snow. It still amazes me how beautiful snow can be when it hits sunlight and looks like God sprinkled a classy version of glitter everywhere. Well done, God.
3. Frosty grass. I've mentioned this before but just thought I'd give it another shout out.
4. Drinking hot drinks. I love coffee, and hot chocolate, and apple cider, and pretty much anything warm. My drink of choice this season has been hot chocolate with butterscotch Schnapps. It's pretty much delicious.
5. Snuggling in bed under multiple blankets. I don't really like climbing in bed when I feel hot, I don't really like sleeping when I'm cold either. But I do love going to bed a little cold, loading up the blankets, and finding this happy medium of bundled loveliness. Trust me, it's great.

So as the holidays wind down but the chill in the air does not, just remind yourself of all the lovely things about winter and then spring will be here before you know it! Happy Winter!

No comments: