Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bares Trees

A year or two ago my roommate and amazing friend Valeria (you should check out her blog, she's awesome...) told me that she liked bare trees. I remember saying something like, "That's ridiculous. They make me sad because they remind me of winter and death..." But gradually as time has gone on, I have unexpectedly fallen in love with bare trees.

So today I was at Michael's and saw they had canvas for really cheap and I bought some and decided to paint some bare trees. I spent the evening on the piano room floor painting with my mom who was doing a puzzle as we both sang along to some good music on Pandora. It was completely relaxing, even therapeutic... I loved it. Below is my finished product. Nothing too amazing, but I am decently pleased.

4 comments:

Valeria said...

i very much like those! wall art for school :)??

abby! said...

Thanks! I haven't really decided where they are going yet? Maybe school? Maybe my parents room? I don't really know...

Jessie said...

That's pretty impressive

Anthony P said...

You can give them to me to put in my office. I think they are sweet!